Saturday, May 17, 2008

#11---CLE @ ANA, 4/5/1998

The 6-4 Cleveland win over Anaheim, less than a week after the game in #10, was not noteworthy, but is included here because my scoring system got some minor alterations very early in the season. Namely, balls and strikes were now marked with letters, making the first pitch “A”, the second pitch “B”, etc. This greatly reduced the clutter of circled numbers all over the scoresheet, and allowed me to use circled numbers to track baserunner progress and squares to mark runs scored, rather than poorly drawn triangles.

Again, the score is nowhere to be found, and the name of the home team is “California” rather than the correct “Anaheim”. This was not an oversight--I was just bizarrely stubborn and continued to refer to the team that way. Some other early 1998 scoresheets of mine list the Devil Rays as “Tampa” rather than “Tampa Bay”. I wonder if I would have referred to the Nationals as “Montreal”.

No comments: