Monday, October 6, 2008

#30---NYA @ BOS, 7/26/2008 & 7/27/2008

These late July Yankees/Red Sox games were the national games of the week on Fox and ESPN, but for some reason I didn’t want to sit down and score every pitch of each game (there must have been something else on TV that I wanted to channel flip to; I might decide not to watch baseball on a particular day, but I almost never decide to devote time to watching an entire game but not score it). So these are bare-bones scoring efforts.

Since I didn’t need a lot of space, I used my “mini” scoresheet, which allows me to score two games on one side of a piece of paper (four games if double-sided).

As a concession to not having each pitch recorded, I use a notation like “WP2” to indicate that there was a wild pitch that occurred during the second batter’s PA--usually I would also note the exact pitch on which this occurred.

This is by no means my favorite way to score a game, but it is easy and it saves a tree every four games (yes, yes, I realize that you can get much more than one sheet of paper from a single tree).

No comments: