Tuesday, January 6, 2009

#43---CHN v. SEA, 3/30/2007


I am going to go with a Spring Training theme for the next two weeks before turning my attention to the World Baseball Classic. This game was played in Las Vegas between the Cubs and the Mariners, and I kept this sheet on a dot scoresheet I use. It looks a lot cleaner from a zoomed out view than it does up close or when it is on the page in front of you.

One note is that I did not specify which Chicago team it was. This was an oversight on my part; I have a protocol for the two team cities which I simply did not follow in this case. A game between Chicago and Seattle would usually not have any specification, because I would assume that it was the White Sox since they are in the AL. If it was the Cubs, I would usually identify them as “Chicago N”. However, if it was a World Series game between those two teams, I would just use “Chicago” as the note that it was a World Series game would indicate that it must be the Cubs.

If the Dodgers played the Mets, I would call them “Los Angeles N” and “New York N” because one could just as easily assume that it was the Angels and the Yankees.

No comments: