Saturday, March 6, 2010

Guest Scoresheet #4: Isaac Lin, PHI @ MON 9/24/2004



Scorer: Isaac Lin
Game: PHI @ MON, 9/24/2004

Here is Isaac's description of his scoresheets (a second example will be posted next week):

"I use my own version of Alex Reisner's situational scoring
scoresheet (I based it on the one he made available before branding
his system the Reisner system). The primary change I made was to
remove some redundancy in the pitch count section, in order to make
room for notes.

The last Expos game I attended was their last home victory ever, on
Friday, September 24, 2004, against Philadelphia. I was a bit late and
so didn't score the first four Phillie batters. I just realized now
that I mislabelled my note on the distance for Termel Sledge's HR; it
should be marked as a note for box 22. In the top of the 7th, a group
came down from the bleachers and lined up in the walkway behind the
lower tier of the 1st base-side stands, each person holding one
letter, spelling out a plea: "Jackie Robinson and Montreal made history
Mr. Selig keep the memory alive!" Alas, it was for naught...

I watched the last Expos game ever on TV: October 4, 2004, against
New York. The broadcasters kept raising random bits of trivia, like
there were 620 Expos players in 36 seasons, and I wrote down a few
of them. In the top of the ninth, some of the fans started chanting
"Let's go Expos", a nice nod to history. First base coach Jerry
Morales gave the game ball to Frank Robinson. It was a sad moment for
me to see the end of the Expos. Normally I fill in the game totals
after the last pitch, but I wasn't able to bring myself to do it, and
they remain blank."

No comments: