Sunday, April 22, 2018

#149---BOS @ BAL, 2/27/2013




I’ve posted Spring Training games scored on this sheet before, and I’ve posted games scored using a derivative of LL Bean’s symbol scorekeeping before as well. But I’ve never disclosed the name I call this scoresheet by before because it is silly and didn’t seem relevant.

I have gone through a couple phases in my life where I felt compelled to “design” a bunch of different blank scoresheets. I think I have enough of them now that I always have one on hand that fits my needs for a particular situation, so I haven’t done much of it lately. One of these spurts was in early 2010, as the season approached and the Winter Olympics were being contested.

When I went through one of these phases, I ended up slapping non-sensical names on the various scoresheet designs to tell them apart. After all, there are only so many descriptive names (“two teams, one page, field diagram” might work for this one) available. So I’ve used space shuttles (Columbia, Challenger, etc.), players from my OOTP league (Rollson), and random names in the news. Random names was the theme here, and given the timing, the Olympics were in the news. And a curling skip named Shuster was not exactly getting rave reviews back home in the US, and for some reason I named this scoresheet Shuster. Now he has a gold medal and I’m less likely to forget the name of this sheet.

No comments: