Tuesday, March 8, 2022

#237---Alabama @ Texas, 2/25/2022



This game was played on a Friday before the weekend that was supposed to mark the start of major league exhibition play, but with the lockout I was forced to settle for college baseball. I typically don’t watch a lot of lower level baseball (minors, college, etc.) not because I don’t enjoy lower level baseball (although I will say baseball is a game that needs to be played at a certain level of skill to be an enjoyable spectator sport – high school baseball can be tough to watch), but because there are rarely opportunities to do so that don’t conflict with opportunities to watch big league ball. So outside of choosing to watch my alma mater when I can, I don’t see much college ball. 

Being a Big Ten guy, I have never really paid attention to the fact that I get the Longhorn Network on my cable package, but it came in handy to view this early season series between the Crimson Tide and Longhorns played in chilly conditions in Austin. It was an entertaining, crisply played affair with Alabama squandering multiple scoring chances, and Texas scoring the game’s only run on a passed ball and wild pitch on consecutive pitches with one out in the seventh. 


No comments: