Tuesday, August 23, 2022

#261---CLE @ SEA, 3/2/2021


This was the first spring training game I got to score in 2021, and as is quickly apparent I used my modified version of LL Bean’s system. The note points out that the game was only scheduled for 7 1/2 innings, as variable game length was a major oddity of 2021 spring training. The ability of managers to call of an in-progress inning if it dragged too long forced me to introduce a new notation, “IT” as seen in Lavarnway’s scorebox for the Cleveland sixth. There were only two outs when Seattle pulled the plug on the inning. “IT” (“inning terminated”) is conceptually similar to the “IE” (“inning ended”) notation I use in the case where a batter’s plate appearance ends before completion due to the third out (or, less frequently, the winning run) occurring while the plate appearance is ongoing. 

No comments: