Tuesday, August 13, 2024

#364---Dunedin @ St. Petersburg, 7/20/1996



 

I recently moved and in the course of packing found this scorecard and another that will I post when I get back around to 1996. They were both kept on ballpark scorecards at minor league parks, and I tried to retain some of that flavor in the scans. The scorekeeping is nothing special, and unfortunately there weren’t any big future stars in this Florida State League game (the biggest names are Ryan Freel, Chris Richard, and Placido Polanco). Freel had a game that you might imagine him having in A-ball, singling twice, reaching on an error, getting caught stealing, scoring two runs. Richard and Polanco were both 0-4 and made the final St. Petersburg outs of the game.

I didn’t write down the score, which was normal for my scorecards for years to come, but I also didn’t mark down the pitchers, which was not normal for me. It looks like the Blue Jays won it 8-1.

No comments: