Saturday, April 23, 2016

#102---NYA @ CLE, 6/19/1998




 
This is at least the second time I’ve posted a scoresheet of the greatest team of my lifetime, the 1998 Yankees, losing. At the time I was a typical Yankee-hater, especially since they would ultimately beat my beloved Indians in the ALCS.

I distinctly remember this game; I was in Florida but was able to listen to this game on the Yankee’s Tampa affiliate (yes, they had such a thing, even in the Devil Rays’ inaugural season). I kept it on a form that was designed for tracking statistics for APBA games; on our vacation I had bought a APBP starter kit with the 1995 playoff teams for about $5 at a Big Lots. Why that compelled me to keep score of a major league game on the accompanying sheet is a mystery, though.

Jim Thome was the star of the game, hitting two homers and drawing two walks.


No comments: