Tuesday, January 17, 2023

#282---CLE @ TEX, 4/1/2016

The Indians tuned up for the season with an exhibition at the Ballpark at Arlington by launching four homers and getting 6 2/3 innings with just one run allowed from Cody Anderson. As they would win the pennant, the homers kept coming to some extent, but quality pitching from Anderson did not.

You can see I kept this game with my modified version of LL Bean’s pictorial system, which I most often using when scoring off the radio and so unable to record precise (or phonily-precise as the case may be) batted ball locations. One thing the system doesn’t make easy to represent is a foul pop caught by the pitcher; I used my normal symbol indicating foul (`) in the center of the circle, but felt the need to make a note on the bottom of the page explaining what that symbol meant.

No comments: