Tuesday, February 28, 2023

#288---CLE @ CHA, 3/19/2022


The Guardians sent fourteen men to the plate in the fourth, tallying nine runs on six singles, two doubles, two walks, and a hit batter. Since the system I was using to track hit locations used a dot, I replaced my standard dot for an out with an “x”, but I think it makes the scoresheet looked too cluttered. The next time I used this system, I think I will use an open circle (which is my usual RBI symbol) for an out. 

I’ve described those hit symbols before, but I think looking at the at bats for Cleveland’s #3 hitters should give you enough to decipher it: line drive single to center in the fourth, ground ball single to left in the second at bat in the fourth, line drive double to left in the seventh, flyball triple to left in the eighth. Anderson reached on an infield single to third base in the third.

No comments: