Tuesday, August 4, 2020

#154---CLE @ ARI, 2/24/2018




This was the first game I had the opportunity to score in 2018, and since I was doing it off the radio I did not keep a pitch-by-pitch account (this is bad enough to do off the radio, but for exhibition games it’s completely hopeless because the announcers will invariably interview someone and you’re lucky if they tell you the direction a batted ball is hit, let alone what happened on the 1-1 pitch or even if there was a 1-1 pitch. That didn’t stop me from trying in the past, but no more.)

The Indians broke the game open with a six-run, three-homer ninth inning, forcing Arizona to run their total of pitchers used to ten. Given the limited space on the sheet, I did not bother marking RBI, and really I should consider doing that on all my sheets…I don’t care about them as a statistical category and if you really want to know, you can count them from by examining the PBP account, which after all is the whole point of keeping a scoresheet.

No comments: