Friday, August 14, 2020

Bonus --- SD @ LA, 8/13/2020



I didn't catch this whole game last night - MLBN didn't start showing it until 10:00, but first pitch had been at 9:40. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay up for the whole game, but Padres/Dodgers is an interesting matchup right now, so I figured I would keep a scaled-down scoresheet (I don't generally like tracing the diamond, and usually I track pitches) that I would have zero guilt about abandoning if sleep seemed more attractive as the innings went on. 

Instead, Mookie Betts made sure that I was interested to the end, tying a major league record by recording his sixth game with three homers. He ended up reaching base all five trips, although a squibber up the third base line in his last at bat was a bit of a letdown. 

No comments: