Tuesday, February 9, 2021

#181---TEX @ CLE, 5/18/1996




I’ve shared one of these 1996 games that I kept in a “B&B Statmaster” scorebook before; this was actually the first chronologically. There’s way too much clutter in the book to begin with, and I compounded by doing things like scoring both teams on one page with just a line between them, scrawling pitchers names in the bottom of the first scorebox they pitched to, drawing location arrows for every batted ball (even when self-evident from the scoring) and writing out “FLY” on every flyout. The score is hard to make out, so I gave myself a test before confirming at Baseball-Reference – I have Texas with 1 in the first, 1 in the second, 2 in the seventh, and 2 in the eighth for 6 and Cleveland with 1 in the second and 2 in the third for a 6-3 final. This was correct, so at least I passed that test.

Darryl Hamilton hit a leadoff homer off Brian Anderson; Albert Belle homered for the Tribe in the second.

No comments: