Tuesday, November 16, 2021

#221---CLE @ MIN, 8/3/2008


 

I usually can look at a scoresheet and find some kind of angle to comment about here. Sometimes the game itself was interesting, because of the season/series situation or how it played out. Other times there’s an individual feat, or a theme that I enjoy is players in places you don’t expect them/don’t remember them. Since this is primarily a scorekeeping blog, it can often be a technical aspect of the scorekeeping – how I record an unusual play, a new wrinkle I added to my scoring system, etc.

This one is coming up empty on all fronts. This was a run of the mill, dog days game better two teams that would miss the playoffs (the Indians had been a pre-season favorite off their 2007 AL Central title; the Twins would fall just a game short of the White Sox). And so maybe as I write this just over twelve years later, that’s the angle – run of the mill games should be cherished and celebrated just the same. Baseball is great, and March – July 2020 has reminded me never to take it for granted.

No comments: