Tuesday, November 30, 2021

#223---CIN @ CLE, 4/2/2010

 

There wasn’t anything particularly notable about this late spring training exhibition, but I included it here because it shows the alternate, pictorial way of representing hits that I sometimes use. This allows me to distinguish between left/center/right for location and grounder/line drive/fly ball for trajectory, which is less granular than I typically use for location at least, when numbers and letters allow for more detail to be recorded. It is inspired by, if not exactly adopted from, LL Bean’s scoring system. I think a few examples will make it easy to figure out the code:

Phillips ^2 : HR to left on flyball

Grudzielanek v2: single to right on line drive

Marson v3: single to center on groundball

Gomes ^5: ground-rule double to left on line drive

Phillips ^8: single to left on flyball


No comments: